Monday, January 24, 2011

POW#2 Snapshot By:Taylor Hale

                                                                 June 9th, 2009


The helicopter was taking off, and the roar of the engine combined with the slashing from the propellers made me more nervous and excited than I've ever been. This picture was taken from the inside of a helicopter. It is significant to me because it marks the very first time I ever took flight. Not only is it a pretty radical view, but while I was up in the air I had plenty of time to day dream and simply look at the beauty of our world. Even though everything looked so small, you could look beyond the horizon and realize just how big our world really is. Being in the helicopter that day made me feel like I was floating on a cloud and gave me a sense of power, only because I seemed so visible, while below me, everyone seemed so obscure. Now I really enjoy traveling by air and just being up so high in the sky. Aside from touring the area in the sky I was able to personally fly the helicopter which made for a pretty great day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is very cool. How did you get started with that? How often do you fly.

    ReplyDelete